Pages

3.31.2010

Must-Read Article

It has been an absolute age since I have written anything. I know. And I completely understand your frustration (assuming you are, of course, frustrated). But blame it entirely on the stress of university decisions. I have been waiting desperately and in mental agony for the verdict for my future, and have been able to do little else. In fact, I have become so utterly useless, that instead of filling my unfathomable amount of free time (particularly due to my recent injury) with positive and productive tasks (for examples: writing!!!), I have been doing nothing but watching endless episodes of House M.D. I blame a friend for giving me the means to actually do this. 

It's all your fault that I'm a lazy ass! 

Actually, the fact that I'm a lazy ass has very little to do with him (key words: very little; he's still to blame to some extent), and mostly to do with the fact that I am a lazy ass. But that isn't the point. The point is that, after tomorrow, I will most likely be able to find topics to write about. And the focus. But right now, that is not the case. So this is a very short post directing you to two things that I found very interesting. The first is an article on the world's laziest countries. Canada did come in second, but I'm okay with that, because guess who came in first? In a list that you do not want to top.... Find out here.

The other is something that a friend pointed out to me. It's not really an article, so much as an informative poster/graph that shows the world's Internet speeds and costs. Surprisingly (at least to me, but that's most likely due to the fact that I'm naive in a very stupid way), we're not exactly up there. Unsurprisingly, Japan is. Check it out:


Interestedly (and anxiously) yours,
Aya

P.S. If you've got any suggestions for the blog's theme, let me know!

1 comment:

  1. "...article on the world's laziest countries. Canada did come in second, but I'm okay with that, because guess who came in first? In a list that you do not want to top..."

    I bet it's japan! Or even china!

    -clicks link-

    AMERICA?! That's impossible. I would have never thought that america would be the laziest country. You know, a lot of work goes into eating those 'krispy kream' donuts, and watching reruns of jerry springer. that list is garbage!!

    ReplyDelete