Pages

1.17.2010

Inaugural Post


Hello to those of you who somehow stumbled onto this blog. I'm hoping that, eventually, this blog will generate enough attention and views to actually make some difference in my life, but in the meantime, I'm considering myself lucky that you are reading it at all.

What this blog is supposed to be for is to share my writing with the world-wide web, and I was thinking that maybe each time I post a blog, I will add a small portion of the story that I am currently writing. So far, I've tentatively titled it "A Complicated State of Affairs," and it concerns a young girl in her final year of  high school. I've been trying to come up with what the book-jacket might say, and this is what I've got so far: 

"From the moment she could first string thoughts together, Riley Durham had always had her entire life planned out. She was in charge of her present and her future, and everybody wanted to be her. But then something happened that changed her, and she hadn't been the same since...
       Now, three years later, Riley is entering her last year of high school, more uncertain about her life and her own identity than ever before. She desperately seeks answers to a plethora of hidden questions. What she never would have expected, though, is that her new history teacher would be able to help set things right again. Perhaps a big, dangerous secret is exactly what she needed...until the one person she would never have wanted to find out discovers it." 

[I'm having some issues with the very last sentence (it sounds a bit awkward to me), and I'm not sure the summary does a very good job of really grabbing a person's attention, but it's the only thing I've got so far, so that's what I'll use for now. If I get any new ideas, I'll post them. If you have any ideas or feedback, let me know!] 

So...interested in what the big, dangerous secret is? Well, if you are, then you should start following along... (Yes, I am a big fan of ellipses.)

Every few days I'll put up a bit more of what I've written for A Complicated State of Affairs. That is, of course, assuming I've written anything at all. I think this is common in many writers, but I am very erratic: sometimes I will write ten pages without even stopping for a drink of water, and sometimes I will hem and haw over one paragraph, trying to get it just right. If somebody starts reading this and decides that they like it, then I will be over the moon. The more views and comments I get, the more I'll post, obviously, because I have a tendency to give up if things don't work out (a habit that I am furiously trying to drop, I might add). So if you are actually interested in my stories, be sure to comment! 

Hope everyone is having a wonderful start to the new year!

All the best, 
Aya  

-----------------------------------------------------------

A Complicated State of Affairs beginning: 


Confusion had become the dominating theme of my life. Everything I did rode on a feeling of insecurity and hesitation, and I repeatedly questioned my most mundane actions and choices. Eventually it became quite clear to me that some turmoil was taking place within me, one that was affecting every single aspect of my already complicated life. 
      Why? How? I did not know. I sought answers that seemed entirely out of my grasp, and that in itself required an explanation that could not – or would not – reveal itself. 

To be continued...

5 comments:

  1. wow, i cant wait for more :)
    ill market you out to my friends

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm liking it already.
    Better see some more soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...I'm thirsting for more :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome job Aya! I am looking foward to reading more, best of luck on further success :)
    - Nada

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heehee ~ love the book jacket thingy ~~~ keke the last sentence does sound kinda weird...maybe needs some punctuation somewhere ~~ >_> ~ dunno lol ~ good job anyhow!! keep it uupppp ~~~

    ReplyDelete